Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Love that Delights

Are there people in your life who light up when they see you? Who make it known they are happy you came? I realized a couple of years ago how wonderful it is when people show that they are delighted to see me. This weekend I went to a cider press and saw a friend I hadn't seen in months. She hugged me--a good, real hug--and told me how glad she was I was there.

I hope there is something about me that friends like this genuinely appreciate. But I also think that showing delight in this way is a part of who they are: People Who Love. When I experience this kind of love, it makes me want to give the gift of delight to others as well. It reminds me of the love of God, who is constantly opening His arms wide to me and telling me how delighted He is that I came. Even though I don't deserve it.

And I definitely want to be like Him.

Is there someone in your life you can show love to by being delighted to see them?




No comments:

Post a Comment